A zesty low carb key lime pie for all cheesecake lovers, this recipe tastes like it belongs in a restaurant. Low in fat, carbs, and most of all calories. The quark and no-sugar jelly adds filling mass to this dish without adding many calories at all.
This recipe lets you treat yourself to a desert even when on when restricting your daily calorie intake. You will be surprised how tasty and zesty the end result is.
- Light Digestive Biscuits. - 8
- Melted Light Margarine - 4 level tbsp
- Sugar-free lemon and lime jelly crystals. - 1 Sachet
- Powdered Gelatine. - 2 tsp
- 3 Limes - Juice and grated zest of 2 Limes, plus the juice of one more.
- Light Vanilla Yogurt - 400g, Virtually fat free
- Quark - 200g, Virtually fat free
- Artificial Sweetner - 7 tbsp
1) Put the crushed biscuits and melted spread in a small bowl and mix well. Spoon into an 18cm-diameter loose-bottomed cake tin, press evenly over the base using the back of the spoon and chill in the fridge until needed.
2) Mix the jelly crystals with 140ml boiling water. Stir in the gelatine and set aside to cool.
3) Put the lime juice in a food processor with the cooled jelly mixture), yogurt, quark, grated lime zest and 6 tbsp sweetener and blend until smooth. Pour over the biscuit base, cover and chill in the fridge overnight.
4) When ready to serve, remove the pie from the tin and cut into 8 wedges to serve.
If you enjoyed this content, I would be delighted if you were to share this page with your social networks, such as Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter. It only takes a few seconds using the buttons below!
You can also leave a comment on this page using the comment box below. No need to sign up, just use your Facebook account!