This soup is packed with Antioxidants and vitamins. It is virtually fat free and very low in calories but still very thick/substantial, it will certainly fill you up! And the taste is so very fresh and natural.
Suitable for home freezing, just pour it into a zip-lock bag and use before 6 months.
- Red Pepper - 1, cored, de-seeded and halved
- Yellow Pepper - 1, cored, de-seeded and halved
- Green Pepper - 1, cored, de-seeded and halved
- Onion - 1, thinly sliced
- Chopped Tomatoes - 1 400g can
- Vegetable Stock - 600 ml (1 pint)
- Dried Italian Herbs - 1 1/2 tspns
- Sugar - 2 tspns
- Concentrate Tomato Puree - 1 tblspn
- Lemon Juice - 1 tblspn
- Freshly ground black pepper - To season
- Natural low fat yoghurt - To garnish
- Heat the grill to high. Line a grill pan with foil and place the pepper halves on it. Grill the peppers until the skins are charred. Remove from the grill pan and place in a polythene bag for at least 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes has passed remove the pepper halves from the polythene bag and peel the skins off and discard them.
- Chop the pepper flesh and add them to a large heavy bottomed saucepan. Then add the sliced onion, tomatoes, stock, herbs, sugar, tomato purée and lemon juice. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool a little and then blend in the liquidiser.
- Reheat and adjust the seasoning with pepper to taste. Garnish with a swirl of yoghurt and perhaps if you're really trying to impress, a basil leaf!
If you enjoyed this content, I would be delighted if you were to share this page with your social networks, such as Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter. It only takes a few seconds using the buttons below!
You can also leave a comment on this page using the comment box below. No need to sign up, just use your Facebook account!